Aerial view of Walburg, Texas taken in 1946 by Martin Anderegg from Odes Tonn's airplane which he owned and piloted.
Teacherage Home, Walburg, Texas
Kokel's Home, Walburg, Texas
Kokel's First Residence, near Walburg, Texas
Mickan Motor Co. Walburg, Texas, ca. 1930's
Walburg State Bank, Walburg, Texas
P.H. Affner, George Feien, and Albert Becker, farmers, near Walburg, Texas, ca. 1912
Mickan-Neitsche Family Reunion, Walburg, Texas
John Schwausch Wedding, Walburg,Texas Les & Elvira (Schwausch)Curry wedding and the 50th wedding anniv. of John & Bertha Schwausch.
Guswausch Schwausch Family, he had 1 daughter, and 7 sons, Walburg,Texas
ohn & Christiana Kokel Family, 50th Wedding Anniversity in 1874. Front l-r: Martha and Ernst Kokel, Christina and John Kokel, Hanna and Henry Bethke, back l-r: John and Lena Kokel, Christoph and Pauline Kokel, John and Selma Kasperik, Ernest and Christina Buchhorn, Martin and Ellie Teinart, Charlie and Rosalie Doering, Cora and Herman Kokel, Walburg,Texas
Grandchildren of Henry & Lina Doering. ca. 1920's, Walburg,Texas
Ardell Kalmbach and baby sister Dorthy. ca. 1930's,Walburg,Texas
Ardell Kalmbach Family, back l-r: Lorine K. Schulz, Melvin Kalmbach, front l-r: Robert Kalmbach, Dorthy Andrews, Ida Kalmbach, Ardell Kalmbach. Walburg, Texas
Four Generations of Cassen Family, ca. 1954, l-r: Brock Robert Kalmbach, Andell Maynard Kalmbach, Ida Ilse Kalmbach, Lizzie Cassin Ilse, Walburg,Texas
Henry Jacob Family, ca. 1918, l-r: Henry Jacob, Ben Jacob, Esther Jacob Schwausch, Walter Jacob, Gus Jacob, Anna Doering Jacob. Henry Jacob owned and operated a blacksmith shop in Walburg, Texas since 1901 until his death in 1950. His son, Walter became a partner in the business from a young lad and was later in 1939 joined with a brother-in-law, Albert Schwausch [Esther's husband] joining the business. The business was sold after his family became too old, however changing times forced this business to dissolve.
Ben P. Kurio Family. Walburg, Texas ca.1930
Maria Schneider Kokel, ca 1900. She was the mother of John Herman Kokel and Magdalena [Mrs Matthew] Kasperik. The Kasperik's moved to Walburg,Texas in the late 1880's,and lived one mile east of Zion Lutheran Church.
Henry & Lena Doering Family, ca. 1912. Walburg, Texas, back l-r: Frank, Anna [Mrs Henry Jacob], Frank, center l-r: Papa Henry holding Otto, Mama Lena holding Willie, Fred [standing], front l-r: Lina [Mrs. O.H. Kieschnick, Marie [Mrs. F.R. Lescher], Henry, Martha [Mrs. Ben Kurio]. and Carl,
Leschber Family, l-r: F. R. Leschber, Geraldine Leschber Sparks, Ruth Leschber Kieschnick, Elaine Leschber Southerland, Mildred Leschber Schwausch, Edna Lesschber Brown, and Marie Doering Leschber. Walburg, Texas
Neitsch Family, Walburg,Texas
Christopher Kokel & Pauline Teinert Wedding, ca.1905, Walburg,Texas
Zion Lutheran Church & School, Walburg, Texas
2nd Zion Lutheran Church, Walburg, Texas
Congregation of Zion Lutheran Church, Walburg, Texas
Vacation Bible School, St. Peters Lutheran Church, Walburg,Texas
Walther League, Zion Lutheran Church w/ Identification of 73 members, Walburg, Texas
Zion Lutheran Church School, All Classes, Walburg, Texas
1939- Inside view of Zion Lutheran Church, Walburg, Texas. The confirmation class braided cedar which adorns altar area. The white Easter Lillies were made by Phillip Schneider, father of Gus, a member of the class.
1911 Confirmation Class of Zion Lutheran Church, Walburg, Texas. front lr: Esther Hanusc Schneider, Emma Domasaschke, Maria Doering Leschber, Leona Andres, 2nd l-r: Hulda Kalmbach, Ella Kokel Teinart, Pastor J. H. Sieck, Selma Mersiovsky Schwausch, Emma Schulze, back l-r: Ben Sieck, Albert Teinart, F. R. Leschber, John Jeske, Edward Kalmbach
Old Zion Lutheran church at Walburg. The parochial school was established in 1882. This church has served many pioneer families of the area.
The Matthew Kasperik's threshing crew, ca. 1913. This farm was located one mile NE of Walburg, Texas. Harvesting oats and a little wheat became a community affair. It is told that some men stayed several nights or all week while traveling with the thresher as they went from one farm to another. Some men even slept under the wagons. The women and small children followed the crew who worked from sunrise to sunset. They worked from Monday through Saturday, but not on Sunday - that was a sacred day spent at church with recreation at home in the evening. The women cooked and baked large meals on their wooden cook stoves during these hot summer days, while small children enjoyed playing
Steam Tractor Used for Thrashing, Walburg, Texas
Walburg Motor Co., Walburg, Texas
1941 John Deere "H" with V. Kokel in snow, ca. 1943, Walburg, Texas
Henry Doering established his general store in 1882 and in 1886 the community was named Walburg after his birthplace in Germany
"In for Life", man in portable jail, Walberg, Texas, ca. 1930's
Walburg Community Center, Barbequing, back to camera: Ardell Kalmbach, behind post: Gilber Kurio, wearing glasses: Norbert Kasper
Hog Butchering, Walburg, Texas
Playing croquet on Sunday afternoon on the Matther Kasperik farm near Walburg, Texas. Note that they did not bother to change clothes after church, but enjoyed a frequent Sunday afternoon entertainment. ca. 1913
Opossum Creek near Walburg, Texas. 1939, l-r: Gus Schneider, Alice Domel, ? Domel, Leona Kieschnick, Irene ?, Calvin Kelm,
Hunting Party, Cottontail Rabbit Hunt in the Snow, l-r: Norman Kokel, Gus Schwausch, Victor Kokel, George Domel, Otto Schwausch, Henry Neitsch, and George Schwausch
Men in suits in front of Neitsch T-Model Car
John Kasperik built a barn in Walburg, Texas. ca 1924, l-r: Selma Kasperik, Ella [Mrs Henry] Doering, Norbert Kasperik, seated on rafter, John Kasperik, and Fritz Domel, builder.
John Kasperik's home & car in Walburg, Texas, ca. 1924. Selma, son Norbert, and John are proud of their new 1924 Model-T ford with a hard top and windows.
Traugott Richter Family. L-r: front Traugott Richter, Erwin, Walter, Hulda, Lydia [Mrs. John Neitsch] back l-r: Meta, Martin, Max, Ella [Mrs Walter Zoch] Hilda [Mrs. Edwin Kokel]. Taugott Richter often recalled that when he came to Williamson County from Lee County, he moved to the Williams Ranch, east of the Yearwood Ranch. It was located about 4 miles south of Jarrell. The prairie grass was shoulder high and snakes could be seen sticking their heads above the grass. Traugott came to Texas at age of two. His wife, Hulda Schneider came later. She had completed the 6th grade in Germany.
In February of 1923 some residents of Walburg built this snowman.