Davisville, established about 1908, consisted of small store west of Jarrell, moved a short distance to the rail line of the Bartlett and Western when it was built; near Flat Rock School and the station stop of St. Luke. "Doc" Davis and Hill "Peg Leg" Casey ran the store. Dr. Silas McCarty lived near the store in a brushy area, was once kidnapped to tend to a wounded outlaw.
a special thanks to Clara Stearns Scarbrough for this slice of history
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sun Publishers, 1973).