Tennessee native Jesse Eugene Cooper (1855-1944) came to Texas in 1876. The following year he helped establish a Georgetown newspaper, the "Williamson County Sun." In addition to his role as editor, he also founded a local bank and cottonseed oil mill. The C. S. Belford Lumber Co. built this home for Cooper and his second wife, Sara (Wilbarger) (d. 1935), in 1911-12. The American Foursquare design features rustic detailing of native limestone. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1988.